the darkest darkness.

12:06 AM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
The icey winds lashed against my cheeks,
and nipped at the tip of my chilled nose.
I tried to catch my breath in the cold air...
but found I couldn't. I began to gasp for a single breath that seemed to be just out of reach.
My heart began to race and pound so hard. I clutched my chest
and then just as quickly began to slow until it had stopped completely.
I blinked slowly. Watching as the room around me became a blurr.
I started to sway. I heard a voice saying my name....each time I heard it I felt a bit of warmth touch my soul.
the voice was so familiure, but so far away, so distant. Almost as if it were coming from across a great sea, and being tossed, and lossed in the waves until I could no longer hear it.

- then it was black. everything was gone. I felt no want, no desires, no fears, no pains, no happiness, nor sorrow...nothing. I heard nothing. No sound of the movie playing in the background, no deep heavy breathing of my one love laying next to me. No sound of the A/C kicking on. No sound of people walking above us...nothing. I saw nothing, no body beside me, no pictures surrounding me, no light peeking through the window...it was black, it was the darkest of darks. I could feel the darkness and as seconds crept by I felt it get darker.
With the darkness came the most horrific sense of fear that has ever come over me. It filled every bit of me, body and soul. Just when I thought that all hope was lost, that this was it....I heard that sweet voice from a distance again....slowly getting closer to me, calling my name...
"Emilee", "Emilee"............

0 comments: